Questions on insurance and business

Customer Question
Questions on insurance and business
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2015
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 3 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What is your specific question? If more than one, please list them all at once. Thanks in advance,
Doug
Who is responsible.? Do i just claim on my insurance and let them do what they think?
Perhaps some of your question did not post, as your question is still unclear.
Who is responsible for what? What happened? What claim are you considering giving to your insurance company?
Doug
For the flood damage? The plumber left the valve for the sink on and when the city turned on the water no one was home and flooded my basement and oak floors,
The plumbing company thinks I'm scamming or the city is at fault
Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand your issue. I empathize with the situation you fond yourself in.
Clearly the city would not be responsible for the valve being left open by the plumber, so if anyone is liable for the loss it will be the plumber. However, the plumber will argue that he was not at fault and that will set up a long drawn out claim against his insurance company.
The best thing to do is to submit the claim to your own insurance company, pay any deductible and allow your insurance company to subrogate against the plumber and his carrier to recover the cost of repairs as well as your deductible. That way you have your place repaired quickly and the insurance company pays all the legal fees to collect from the plumber.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
I notice that you posted essentially a duplicate question. That is unnecessary as you may ask a follow up question in this thread. If I have already answered your questions, please do remember to rate my service to you. Thanks in advance,
Doug