How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid car roomate and he was ro pay me back for

Customer Question

i paid for a car for my roomate and he was ro pay me back for the car . efore he paid anythig back he traded it in on another car and put the new car in my name .now we arre fighting and he wants me to sign over the new new car over to him what are my rights to the new car he has only made onepayment of 150.00 on the new car to the dealer and still nothinf to me.....on the old car he traded in he also works off part of the car payment andi have worked off half the car payment with him..... is it even legal for the dealer to knowingly sell him the cr in my name?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. This does seem very odd. Was the original car paid for in cash? Was it in your name or his? Then, he got rid of it and bought a new car placed your name on title? Who paid for the car or was it an even trade?

Related Legal Questions