Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I paid car roomate and he was ro pay me back for

Customer Question
i paid for a car...
i paid for a car for my roomate and he was ro pay me back for the car . efore he paid anythig back he traded it in on another car and put the new car in my name .now we arre fighting and he wants me to sign over the new new car over to him what are my rights to the new car he has only made onepayment of 150.00 on the new car to the dealer and still nothinf to me.....on the old car he traded in he also works off part of the car payment andi have worked off half the car payment with him..... is it even legal for the dealer to knowingly sell him the cr in my name?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2015
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. This does seem very odd. Was the original car paid for in cash? Was it in your name or his? Then, he got rid of it and bought a new car placed your name on title? Who paid for the car or was it an even trade?
Tina, Lawyer