How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i am receiving a payout automobile accident, what

Customer Question

if i am receiving a payout for an automobile accident, what steps if any need to take place in order for the spouse's signature not be necessary
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
About the only option is for you to obtain a 'power of attorney' over your spouse, and then sign the document on her behalf as her power of attorney. Otherwise she has to sign it on her own, because as this is a potential marital interest, she is entitled to be aware of and know of the settlement if it ends up taking place.
Dimitry, Esq.