I AM A DISABLED HANDICAPED VETERANS U.S.M.C. DURING VIETNAM…

Customer Question
I AM A DISABLED HANDICAPED...
I AM A DISABLED HANDICAPED VETERANS U.S.M.C. DURING VIETNAM ERA IN 2008 I WAS TO HAVE A SIMPLE KNEE REPLACMENT DONE ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE THE VA PUT ME ON A WAITING LIST THIS TOOK 8 MOS WHEN THEY WERE TAKING ME TO SURGERY,MY DR.CAME OUT SAID IT COULDN'T DO THE SURGERY THE HAD NO MORE CLEAN SURGICAL EQU, THEY SAID IT WAS THEIR FAULT,I COULD'NT WAIT 8 MORE MOS ,I LOOKED FOR GOOD DR I FOUND ONE CHARLOTTE N.C. DR. STEVEN BROCKMEIRE,FROM BARRON & POWELL HE DID MY RIGHT KNEE ON(###) ###-####THEN EVERYTHING WENT CRAZY 3 STAPH INFECTIONS MERSA,VRE THE MOST DEADLYIST,OF ALL THE PROTEOUS ALMOST KILLED ME I CAN NEVER BE CUT ON AGAIN ,THE VA TOOK MY RIGHT KNEE ABOVE THE KNEE OFF MAY ,18,2011 I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET O COMP&PENSION ,FOR THIS SINCE 2008 BEENTURNED DOWN 9 TIMES I HAVE A TORT LAWSUIT AGAINST THE VA IN COLUMBIA S.C. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO START GETTING RESULTS
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
WHAT IS THE TELEPHONE NUMBER
6/9/2015
Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you.
As you likely know, the win a tort lawsuit, or civil suit, based on medical malpractice, you have to prove that the entity acted outside of the applicable standard of care. This means you have to show they have a duty, breached that duty, the breach caused injury and you must show the injury.
Based on what you have shared with me, you can likely meet your burden in proving your case against the VA. Normally, a medical malpractice suit can last between 2 and 5 years against a private party hospital. Because you are dealing with a federal entity in the VA that is sued all the time, you may have to wait 6 or 7 years before the item is actually complete.
The reason is that unlike private business that must pay hourly attorneys, the VA employees attorneys on salary that can slow play the case and not cost the VA any more money in the process.
It is actually quite devious when you consider the reason you have VA benefits in the first place.
So, it is hard for me to state unequivocally how long it will take but based on your facts. But, your time is not unusual at the moment.
Let me know if you have any other questions. I meant to state that earlier and submitted my response too fast. Also, please rate my answer positively if this has helped you at all.
Best wishes going forward and most certainly Thank You For Your Service!