Where can I find out exactly what an ingredient must be declared…

Customer Question
Where can I find out...
Where can I find out exactly what an ingredient must be declared as in the ingredient statement? For example, what can be listed under just 'spices' instead of detailed out or can Pepitas be called Pumpkin Seeds? Where is a good on-line link/resource for this? It doesn't seem to be under the CFR Title 21. Thanks!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/10/2015
Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 3 years ago
Briarcliff767
Hi
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.
Is Pepitas the Ingredient you are asking about?

No, I need a general resource to go to so that I may build proper ingredient statements whenever I need to. Where can I find the 'rules' of ingredient standards and such? Thanks!

Lawyer: Briarcliff767,
 replied 3 years ago
Hi
I hope I understand you correctly. Here is s list of all ingredients and then the regulations for labeling.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/fcn/fcnNavigation.cfm?rpt=eafusListing
http://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/
If I am still not understanding let me know a little more about what it is you are trying to do!