I am in a commercial business contract in Houston Texas.....

Customer Question
at the end of my...
I am in a commercial business contract in Houston Texas..... at the end of my first year the Owner sent a notice saying the were 25,000 under budget or triple nets and are asking me to pay 3,000 dollars. They say the majority of it is Real Estate tax and they are trying to fight it with the city. Do I have to pay this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/9/2015
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome. My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from the information or assistance that I provide.
It is true that in a triple net lease agreement the lessee may be designated as being solely responsible for all of the costs relating to the asset being leased. These costs would be in addition to the rental fee. This type of lease requires the lessee to pay for net real estate taxes on the leased asset, net building insurance and net common area maintenance.
That said, I am not sure if I have answered your question. If not, can you please provide more background facts so that I may better assist you?
Otherwise, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!