How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes I was wondering if I had a case against the Crowley city

Customer Question

Yes I was wondering if I had a case against the Crowley city police? We had a disagreement with a couple that were living with me in my home we had a fight? I call the city police of Crowley to come to my home well a police officer and a state tropper showe -up after talking to them they told me to start walking to a motel, I am 65 years old and disabled I explained to the officier that a motel was about 3 miles from my home he said he did not care to start walking anyway I went across the street to the hospital and called a friend for a ride? I stated at the motel for 7 days before they finally had to leave my home? I think the police officier and the state tropper had no rights to put me out of my own home?should I file suit against them and if so could you recommend an attorney to handle the suit I really would appreciate an answer from you thank you Kenneth XXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
The police lack authority to remove you from your home unless you are violating the law and they arrest you. So it would appear that the police violated your civil rights by forcing you from your home. A violation of your civil rights is actionable under 42 USC section 1983. These are complicated cases and you should discuss the situation with experienced local counsel.
Most attorneys will meet with you to assess your case at little or no cost to you.
Here is a link that discusses 1983 actions:
This site may be useful for finding an attorney:
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.