Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was charged with criminal trespassing on marital property

Customer Question
was given consent by husband...
I was charged with criminal trespassing on marital property was given consent by husband to enter no malaise occured cops were called but I refused to leave because I assisted in purchasing the home and was only attempting to have a conversation with my husband we have lived apart to assist with putting our kids through college
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/8/2015
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry if this dilemma. Can you provide some context? Was there a court order preventing you from being on this property? What was the basis of the trespassing charge?
Not at the time a restraining order was issued after the fact I was essentially set up so my husband could get an upper hand with a divorce which was also filed after the fact
Thank you. So how is it trespassing if you were a property owner?
Tina, Lawyer