How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with criminal trespassing on marital property

Customer Question

I was charged with criminal trespassing on marital property was given consent by husband to enter no malaise occured cops were called but I refused to leave because I assisted in purchasing the home and was only attempting to have a conversation with my husband we have lived apart to assist with putting our kids through college
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry if this dilemma. Can you provide some context? Was there a court order preventing you from being on this property? What was the basis of the trespassing charge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not at the time a restraining order was issued after the fact I was essentially set up so my husband could get an upper hand with a divorce which was also filed after the fact
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. So how is it trespassing if you were a property owner?