How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116709
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A couple weeks ago a woman working through Doors decided

Customer Question

A couple weeks ago a woman working for me through Doors decided to take me fully medicated on a trip to Galesberg to buy crack I was not aware as I was out it due strong meds a cop followed into town she hide the crack in her and put the pipes in my purse I was arrested she wasn't in court they dropped my charges but I live in high rise apartment and have for 10 years and even though my charges were dropped they still want to evict me my building is owned by HUD
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under HUD rules, they still will require a conviction to remove a tenant. Mere arrest is not sufficient to say that someone violated the rules. HUD will want proof of the circumstances from you and the fact that the other individual did this would be a basis for HUD to not evict you at this point. You are able to get yourself a free attorney or low cost attorney for this through the local legal aid office to represent you with HUD to prevent them from evicting you and you should do so.