WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CHECK CREDIT HISTORY

Customer Question
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY...
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CHECK FOR MY CREDIT HISTORY FOR ANY LEGAL ISSUES WITH THE STATE AND FEDRAL GOVERNMENT?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/8/2015
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. The best way to check your credit report is through www.annualcreditreport.com. This website is 100% free and lets a person check their credit report for all issues with their credit. You can also get a free credit report from www.creditkarma.com if you've gotten your free reports from the government within the past 12 months. Not all legal issues are going to appear on a credit reporting website. In fact, most of them won't until someone gets a judgment or lien against you. The purpose of a credit report is to show a person's financial history, not full legal history. If you have issues related to checks that were written and not paid, you're more likely to find a record of it with ChexSystems.https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/us/es/chexsystems/report/index.htm This site has detailed information on requesting a history of your own FBI record, which is a better place to look for legal issues with the government.http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks You can also request a copy of your Idaho criminal history through the state.http://isp.idaho.gov/BCI/ If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.