How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If the WA DSHS receives a notice that resident needs a guardian,

Customer Question

If the WA DSHS receives a notice that resident needs a guardian, does the subject of the notice have the right to know the name of the complainer and the circumstances causing the complaint?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Generally someone can make a welfare check type request to DSHS anonymously, but if the Dept. pursues a guardianship, this information will become part of the investigation/petition and the person will no longer remain anonymous and the proposed conservatee will be entitled to know who made the petition as it will be part of the file for the investigation.(So the person may remain anonymous at first, but if the matter is pursued, their anonymity will no longer remain in place).

Related Legal Questions