How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19485
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

June XXXXXX PA XXXXXXXX owes me money

Customer Question

June XXXXXX PA XXXXXXXX owes me money totalling $7000 and has passed away. Her son, Raymond XXXXXX is now living in the house that I helped save by sending her the money. Hers was embezzled and this involved IRS. Is there a way a letter can be written to him and I can collect what is owing as he is her only child and inherited all her practically lost. I have all the documentation and at one time I was working with ag XXXXXX, a lawyer who practices in NY and PA and would like for her to contact me at XXX XXX XXXX ASAP, I met her through this just answer in 2009. thank you and I can only hope someone can at least recommend a good lawyer that will work for a small fee as to helping with this issue. thank you ***** XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
A creditor of a decedent may file claim against the estate of the deceased person. That is what you will have to do unless her son is willing to pay you voluntarily. Your best chance for success is to contact a LaTrobe lawyer.Do you want a list to work with? BTW, ws your loan to the lady in 2009 or before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you cannot help just say so, I hate using computers and not one lawyer has been any help to me. since 2009 not one lawyer has been able to help me and I am sure there is not enough money in this case with June that a lawyer can help me either. I am sure my civil and legal rights have been violated since a divorce in 2004 the ex lied, the lawyer and judge assumed wrongly and not one lawyer would step up to the plate and help me. Their assumptions are foolish and I have been declared insane by SSA because of their corruption. NOw I am powerless again and believe the whole legal system is for the criminals and the victims will suffer for the rest of their lives June is in a better place and we all know it.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry about the predicament that you find yourself in, but we are not permitted to provide legal services directly to our customers.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
You need to find out first where her estate is being probated and then file a claim against the estate. You cannot find an Attorney to take your case when the Attorney does not know where the case is and whether the Attorney is even licensed in that state to assist you with the case.
If you are doubtful about the information that you have been given about her death, then you need to use a people locator service to confirm this. Once confirmed, you can then send a notice of claim to her estate or retain a local Attorney to assist you with the case. Regrettably, we cannot write this letter for you because this site does not offer legal representation. Click here on the link below for people locator websites:
You can use the following sites to find local Probate Attorneys:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I contacted a lawyer in the LaTrobe area, Bonita and he sent me on a wild goose chase and truly said it wasn't enough money to waste his time. He suggested I hire private investigator and find out if she is really dead. I am asking if a lawyer will write a letter to the son, since he didn't respond to my letter. I was only asking for $5000 and he could give the remainder to his children. They, his aunt Nancy and him, had to have read all the letters and know what I did for June. She planned to bring the money in August for a birthday gift, bittersweet. I am trying to be fair I just not sure who will or can represent me, are you willing to write the letter or to represent me or am I just wasting your time??? Please call if you are able to help I just want to get this resolved and know justice is served.Thank you.Sincerely,Patricia
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Patricia: I cannot call you, write the letter for you, or represent you in any shape or form. This site does not offer legal representation.