How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39027
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am leasing 4 credit card processing machine from First Data Global Leasing. When I call

Customer Question

I am leasing 4 credit card processing machine from First Data
Global Leasing. When I call the serial numbers I have on the machines in my possession, are not the serial numbers FDGL has on their records, so I am unable to get the machines repaired.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What serial numbers are on the contract/lease?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thanks. You can notify that unless and until the lease is amended to correct the serial numbers of the equipment to match the equipment that you actually have in your possession, so that the equipment can be repaired in accordance with the lease, that you will treat the refusal to amend the lease as an intentional misrepresentation by the lessor, you will rescind the lease in its entirety, return the equipment and seek a new service provider. Give the lessor a deadline to perform. Alternatively, if the lease agreement contains a mediation or arbitration provision, you can invoke your rights under the agreement. However, unless the lessor agrees to pay the cost of the alternative dispute resolution, you may pay more to resolve the dispute than the value of the processing equipment. Which takes you back to my suggestion in the previous paragraph. There's no perfect resolution to this issue. You need to get the lessor's attention, and sometimes the only way to do that is to make a unilateral decision and wait and see if the other party finally responds favorably. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using! That's the only way