Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

In 2009, either the Utah Legislature or Utah Division of Real

Customer Question
Estate discontinued the use of...
In 2009, either the Utah Legislature or Utah Division of Real Estate discontinued the use of the "As Is" addendum as a legal, legitimate form. I need to know what Bill or Statute or Legislation implemented this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/6/2015
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
I am not sure what you are asking. "as is" clauses are currently used in Utah Real Estate Contracts?
This was an actual addendum that was used as a separate document along with the purchase contract that stated that certain things were NOT warranted and sold "as is". It pertained to the plumbing, heating, A/C, electrical, mechanical parts of the home, etc. and was done away with in '09. My situation is I have a Seller who owns an apartment complex. He has never resided in any of the 38 units. He wants to make sure that he has NO post sale liability and wants to have me advertise the complex that all units are in "as is" condition. His partner wants to have some documentation that was passed indicating that the "as is" addendum cannot be used by a Seller when listing a property - even if that Seller never occupied the home(s)
They added the language to the contract.
Where would I find that language in the contract?
http://interwestrealtybrokers.com/SellerForms/AS_IS_ADDENDUM.pdfhttp://interwestrealtybrokers.com/SellerForms/AS_IS_ADDENDUM.pdfhttp://interwestrealtybrokers.com/SellerForms/AS_IS_ADDENDUM.pdf Is this the addendum?
http://realestate.utah.gov/forms/REPC_2008.pdf
I am only able to pull 2008
I am find as is language in the REPC version
Tina, Lawyer