My son who is a resident of Ontario Ca. had his car impounded…

Customer Question
My son who is a...
My son who is a resident of Ontario Ca. had his car impounded by the Montclair police because the car did not have a front license plate. Unfortunate for him his wife was driving the car and she does not have a drivers license. Montclair police impound will not release the car until my sons wife shows proof of a valid license, or 30 days have passed.
at this time the impound fees will be over $1800.00. My son is a veteran, partially dis-abled, needing a cane or walker to get around on foot. His only other means of transportation is a bicycle, which ha can no longer ride due to his dis-abilities.
Does he have any legal recourse?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 5 days by:
6/11/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. The sole reason for the impound was the license plate, not for insurance or for not having a driver's license or any other reason?