How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I posted bail bond son in Indiana today. He was released.

Customer Question

I posted bail bond for my son in Indiana today. He was released. However, bond terms say he cannot leave the state. But we live in Kentucky (at Ky/In border). He has nowhere to stay in Indiana.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me.
If the bond requires that he not leave the state, he would have to file a motion to seek a bond modification in the court with subject matter jurisdiction over that offense.
It may be possible to get this done....but the judge will have to approve it first.