Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am 70 years of age ( born in 1944 ) which I understands qualifies

Customer Question

I am 70 years of age ( born in 1944 ) which I understands qualifies me for an exemption for jury duty. I have received a jury summons and am no clear on how to obtain that exemption. I would appreciate your feed back.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to contact the jury clerk and provide them with proof of your age and a copy of your subpoena and ask for an exemption from service based on your age. Have you contacted the jury clerk yet, that is your first step?