In 2010 a judgement was rendered unbeknownst to my wife and…

Customer Question
In 2010 a judgement was...
In 2010 a judgement was rendered unbeknownst to my wife and I and business in Pa.. We reside in Virginia and found out about it through an attorney for Manheim Auto Auctions that had contacted a rep to advise us of action in Pa. . We haired an Pa attorney and submitted motion to open. We went to court and basically tried the case and the Judge opened the judgement. We were infprmed by our attorney that the judgement would drop off after a few years. A few years later we were asked why the judgement was still on the docket so I wrote the Judge and she put it on docket and basically kept it alive rather than it dropping off. I submitted a motion pro se and she wouldn't recognize it because I had to follow all rules of he court.
Anyway, it has locked a line of credit that we use for our business and is causing us major difficulties.We spent over $10000 getting judgement opened and our attorney didn't take it the final step. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/4/2015
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Welcome. My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from the information or assistance that I provide.
1. We went to court and basically tried the case and the Judge opened the judgment.
What is your understanding as to the reason why the judge agreed to open the judgment?
2. We were informed by our attorney that the judgment would drop off after a few years.
What is your understanding as to why the attorney told you this?
3. I submitted a motion pro se and she wouldn't recognize it because I had to follow all rules of he court.
Is the judgment against your business? If so, is your business incorporated?
4. What was the last order signed by the court?
The judgement was against us personally and our business which is incorporated. The judge opened the judgement because we were never served and after hearing most of the evidence she decided in our favor. In courtroom after her decision both parties decided to walk away- I don't know why our counsel didnt encourage us to go further.
I might add the business name wasn't correctly listed .
case is CV 2010 5061 The Judges last order was pertaining to my pro se motion basically telling us we had to follow all rules of court- I am not an attorney
Please suggest something as this a line of credit locked
There is no way for you to get around hiring a lawyer because a corporation cannot represent its self through its board, shareholders or officers in court. It must be represented by a lawyer.
You will need to hire the same or another lawyer to help see this through on behalf of the corporation. Your lawyer will need to apply for relief from the judgment to get the judgment off the books. This is done by vacating the judgment. It appears that a motion to vacate the judgment and an order to that effect were never signed. Otherwise the public records would have reflected the existence of such an order.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!
But the corporation that is on the Judgement doesnt exist but our personal names are correct
1. Is it the judgment in your personal names that has locked up your line of credit or the judgment against the corporation?
2. Is this judgment showing up your and your spouse's credit report?
3. Is this judgment showing up on your corporation's credit report?
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney