How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive drafted motion through litigation. I've

Customer Question

Ive drafted motion for harassment through litigation. I've made over 20 court appearances with former tenant that I had ejected from premise . His charges and claim have all been dismissed but he continues to file going on over 18 mos . I plan to file motion next time he files. Question; what is best way to present this information? Eg; motion, answer, complaint... Etc
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.
If you want to bring your own suit against him, you can wait for him to file and then file a counter claim. You could file it as a separate case, but it is more efficient to just file a counter claim the next time he sues you. Also, you can simply file a motion asking the court to hold him in contempt of court, which can include many penalties, such as a fine, jail time, or even a prohibition on filing new suits without court permission.
I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you ... So the motion should be for contempt not harassment through litigation?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 2 years ago.
You could do either...or both. It's really up to you and what you want to get out of this, or, perhaps more accurately, what you are willing to put into it.
I hope that answers your question. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.