How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117458
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I won a civil case ,052.00 on 12/04/13 with 6% interest

Customer Question

I won a civil case for 10,052.00 on 12/04/13 with 6% interest from this date is there a lawyer or company that I could use to collect or garnish it hard for because I am based out of New York?
thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Consumer protection/collection attorneys or collection agencies will all want 33% of what they collect on your judgment, but yes, you can use any attorney locally or any local collection agency to collect for you. While we cannot make any personal referrals, there are many agencies in the area such as