Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need to know which website on the internet is the right one

Customer Question
to submit a complaint about...
I need to know which website on the internet is the right one to submit a complaint about a certain loss of money that was due to the incompetence and/or illegal activity of a certain businessperson, (to be decided by the appropriate parties).
Choice #1: The FTC "File a Complaint" website
Choice #2: The Attorney General's Office of the State of Texas
If you have any ideas as to which or some other website is the appropriate website for me to try my luck in trying to get my money back, please answer and I will discuss it with you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2015
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? How much money is involved? Thanks.

I am discussing this with a certain expert, but I can't access that page right now. Please transfer this to that other expert to continue.

the amount of money is $15,000.

The dispute is whether I can reclaim the money by explaining that they, (the opposing party), has committed an economic crime. My viewpoint is that if I have committed a damage to them, that the damage to them is not logically worth $15,000 and that for them to take that from me without any due process of law is an even bigger damage to me than what was done to them.

A small claim in Texas has to be under $10,000, (according to the Texas website). Therefore, it follows that I have the right to be in court to argue that that is way too much money for having committed a minor damage to them.

A court case would cost many thousands of dollars for the purpose of hiring an attorney. But if my case is legally valid, I may be able to bypass the court case by sending a complaint to the FTC website. The whole issue is whether my case is considered valid by someone of your profession.

No worries...I'll be happy to opt out. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.
Tina, Lawyer