Unfair arbitration decision how can I find someone to hear…

Customer Question
unfair arbitration decision how can...
unfair arbitration decision how can I find someone to hear my side of the story and get justice for me?Do I have a chance to go after my union rep who did not represent me the way he should have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/2/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
It really depends. If your arbitration was "binding" (meaning the arbitrator's decision is final) there is a very, very, small opportunity to petition the court to rehear the matter based on extreme bias by the arbitrator - you are appealing the process, not the decision. If your arbitration is "non-binding" you have a right to petition the court to hear your matter "de novo" (the court hears the matter on its merits and the arbitrator's decision is not binding on the court).Regarding the issue with your union rep - and for evaluation of an appeal of the arbitrator's decision - I really would recommend working with a local employment law attorney - trying to help you "ballpark" a case based on a "Q&A" forum is almost impossible as it requires a review of your case file and determination of whether or not the union's representation falls below the standard of care (which requires expert testimony).Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney