How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116776
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

WE have been married 9 years and now getting a divorce. During

Customer Question

WE have been married 9 years and now getting a divorce. During the marriage she bought (2) property behind my back. she bought them as a single woman with no release from me. Is this legal. Can I stop the sale to sort this out
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, you can stop the sale because these are considered community property. Any property purchased during the marriage, absent an agreement to the contrary, is considered community property. If she lied and claimed she was single, that does not change the fact legally it is still community property and you need to file in the divorce to stop the sale until the court decides and orders that you are entitled to your share of the property.
You need to file a motion for an injunction in the divorce case to stop the sale and have the property included in the community property.