A company has been doing an open cut project past 1

Customer Question
A company has been doing...
A company has been doing an open cut project for the past 1 1/2 yrs. during this time there have been bubbles coming from the ground. A month ago when using a cutting torch, the ground and water caught fire. Upon testing, it was determined that the bubbles were methane gas. Now their fix for this is lots of fans to move the air around. Also they are having their employees sign an entry sheet before entering the excavation. This entry sheet is stating the they are entering the excavation with full acknowledgement of the presence of the methane gas and its hazards and dangers. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/2/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is an OSHA matter, since it deals with worker safety and proper breathing equipment should be provided. You need to contact OSHA for them to come and inspect the site. In addition to OSHA, the Environmental Protection Agency should also be notified since this is an ongoing environmental issue as they will also come in and force them to clean up the site.