How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

And I am trying to bring down

Customer Question

Hello my name is Bri***** ***** and I am trying to bring down A woman who has been fraudulently collecting taxes, doing bank schemes collecting thousands of dollars for multiple years. I know most of her and accomplices, aliases, previous addresses and phone numbers. The problem is I don't quite know what or how to take her down what do suggest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
What you describe is a long series of financial crimes. You can report her to local law enforcement, your state attorney general, or even to the FBI (especially if she is purportedly collecting federal taxes). Local law enforcement (police, sheriff, or prosecutor/district attorney) will be the most responsive, while your state attorney general and the FBI will have greater resources to prosecute someone who has been committing crimes over a large number of jurisdictions.