Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am starting a Medical Revenue consulting business. I currently

Customer Question

I am starting a Medical Revenue consulting business. I currently live in California but have plans to move out of state in the next 60 days. Should I do LLC or Sole Prop? Also, in either scenario, once I move, do I have to re-register my business in that new state?
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
The best business structure generally is an LLC because it provides insulation from individual liability for all business related tasks/work and debts. Also, it is the simplest corporate structure to operate.
If you incorporate and move, you'd have to register your LLC as a foreign LLC in your new state.....or you could just incorporate in the state you're moving to.....that may actually be the easier option. But, you'll have to incorporate in a state and you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in any state you have operations/do business in.