My ex hacked into my iCloud and retrieved messages he forwarded…

Customer Question
My ex hacked into my...
My ex hacked into my iCloud and retrieved messages he forwarded the messages and photos to his email account. He has sent them to someone else and sends me copies of phrases from it with nasty language. We were already divorced at the time. Is there anything I can legally do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2015
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma.
Can you tell me, which state is he in and which state do you live in?
We both live in florida
Thank you
What you're describing is a violation of Florida law. Specifically, Fl statue 815.06 Offenses against users of computers, computer systems, computer networks, and electronic devices provides, in part,
A person commits an offense against users of computers, computer systems, computer networks, or electronic devices if he or she willfully, knowingly, and without authorization:
Accesses or causes to be accessed any computer,, computer network, or electronic device with knowledge that such access is unauthorized;
So his access of your iCloud account, without your permission, violates this law. You can contact local police and request they prosecute this criminal misconduct.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.
Is there a law against him sending the email to himself and using it to damage me
Yes,,,the law I cited, fl statute 815.06 makes his access of your account a crime.
What if the person he sent it to sends it to my work would they both be committing a crime?
If the person he sent the information to was aware the information was hacked from you, then they could also be charged