During a regular condo board meeting is anything considered…

Customer Question
During a regular condo board...
During a regular condo board meeting is anything considered confidential?
Example - One home owner wrote or stated something about another condo owner about not following rules on tree planting, that was not true. Is the accused home owner allowed to know who the complaint was from?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.This is going to be governed by the association bylaws. So you will need to review them to see what it says about making complaints and if they are confidential.These types of matters are not like a criminal proceeding where you have a right to "confront your accuser" And so the bylaws will dictate. If you need a copy make a request for them. Most times they are listed online. If the bylaws happen to be silent on the confidential aspect of complaints, then I suggest you can take the matter to court and have them release the information to you.