A MD told me he spoke to one of my doctors, that she was '

Customer Question
a friend of his '...
A MD told me he spoke to one of my doctors, that she was ' a friend of his ' and 'also gave him his injections since he couldn't do his own' - (I have an appointment with my MD tomorrow morning to find ourt if this guy called her but also know she wouldn't have spoken to him - because - I didn't sign a release of information' Does this guy 'lying to me' have any legal bearing - of course if my doctors says he called her but she disclosed nothing that 's fine but if she did I assume both violated HIPPA or something else? Just wanto to be prepared - I am not happy about this and other things that happed during this hospitalization
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2015
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer
Hello, Disclosure of personally identifiable health care records violates HIPAA (Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), unless the physician to physician communication concerns actually providing health care sto the patient. Example: Two doctors consult on a brain tumor to decide on a course of care -- that's legal. Whereas, two doctors discuss the patient's brain tumor over drinks, because the patient was exhibiting strange humorous behavior. That would violate HIPAA. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
socrateaser, Lawyer