How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118794
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cdl applied to a trucking company job

Customer Question

Hello I have a cdl applied to a trucking company for a job and they told me they couldn't hire me because of 2 car accident in personal vehicle is their anything I can do to fix that problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid you cannot remove accidents from your driving record and there is legally nothing you can do to seal that record, so it is up to any employer to decide whether or not to ignore the accidents or not. The accidents remain on your record I am afraid and you need to explain them to prospective employers and that they were in a personal vehicle and how long ago they were to minimize the impact. Not all companies have a policy to disqualify people because of accidents, but there is nothing you can do legally if they do so I am afraid.