Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a cdl applied to a trucking company job

Customer Question

Hello I have a cdl applied to a trucking company for a job and they told me they couldn't hire me because of 2 car accident in personal vehicle is their anything I can do to fix that problem
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid you cannot remove accidents from your driving record and there is legally nothing you can do to seal that record, so it is up to any employer to decide whether or not to ignore the accidents or not. The accidents remain on your record I am afraid and you need to explain them to prospective employers and that they were in a personal vehicle and how long ago they were to minimize the impact. Not all companies have a policy to disqualify people because of accidents, but there is nothing you can do legally if they do so I am afraid.