Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A recently deceased relative was put $800/month into a trust…

Customer Question
A recently deceased relative was...
A recently deceased relative was put $800/month into a trust account for his 3 children. He was married to their mother for 44 years, but remarried 12 years ago. The current drained the account of a half million dollars by forging his name on the account which only bore his name and that of a daughter. She was able to get this without a proper signature becau8se she was a former employee of the bank (D rated) and conspired with a current employee to get the money. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2015
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Are you saying that the current "wife" or current "trustee" or someone else took the money? (that part isn't clear)
.
Did "she" have a power of attorney for the deceased relative?
.
Did this occur while the person was alive or after they passed?
.
.
thanks
Tina, Lawyer