How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed my taxes with an accounting firm back in April.I received a refund that is almost

Customer Question

I filed my taxes with an accounting firm back in April.I received a refund that is almost $1000 less than what is on my return. After 4 weeks of not responding they finally respond telling me that they took one of my dependents off because they had issues filing electronically.I asked that they amend it and out the dependent back on and send it via mail. after another 2-3 weeks of not responding.they come back telling me that they will do it but they will charge me $200 for it.when I responded to the email saying that this is their mistake in first place and that they shall fix it and that it was illegal to take dependents off my tax file without asking the cpa him self called me on cell phone and left two messages cursing and cussing and using fowl messages.I will hire someone else to do it and probably take him to small claims. my question is can I take him to court for cursing me and calling me names over the phone given that I have two voice messages? could this be a civil law suit
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You can sue for breach of contract and negligence - but there isn't a cause of action for being obnoxious, or using foul or abusive language in a phone conversation or voicemail.Short of suing in small claims, you can try using the BBB to get a resolution - the BBB offers no cost dispute resolution for consumers in these types of disputes and is often much faster than a court case, you can file a complaint online here:

Related Legal Questions