How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Texas. a young girl and her 2 children have been

Customer Question

i live in Texas. a young girl and her 2 children have been staying at my house since the lst of July 2014. she does receive mail her, pays no household expenses or rent. i want her to leave. she does not want to leave. how can i get her out of my house?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You need to file an unlawful detainer action against this person (an "eviction" action). This person has the same rights as a tenant (even though they are not paying rent). However, this is a summary proceeding and in most cases it takes only a short time. (See: for procedural tips and forms - this is a link to a paid site, but it is a very helpful one).If she is potentially causing damage to your property, or is threatening to harm you or anyone else, you should call the police, they will continue to respond and enforce the peace, if she represents an ongoing threat to you or anyone else, you can seek a civil restraining order (which works even faster than an eviction order - but it requires a threat of imminent physical harm).

Related Legal Questions