How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118791
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Educator, Esq. you answered this question for

Customer Question

For Law Educator, Esq. Hello you answered this question for me and I have some followup questions:
My grandson was supposed to be sent to IEP but he hasn't been sent. I was told they would review the case and get back to me but they never did. I submit another request today for the case to be reviewed. In addition, I learned in court this morning that my
grandsons teacher has been emailing my son-in-law behind my back, even when I have full custody. Do I have a case to stand on if I were to take this to court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
YES, the teacher actually may be in violation of the Federal Educational Records Privacy Act (FERPA) for communicating about the child to someone other than the legal guardian/custodian. If you have full custody, the teacher has no business communicating with anyone but you without your consent or court order. You need to consider filing a complaint with the state department of education regarding her violations.
Also, you would have a case for them not working to get him on an IEP based on his needs and you can contact the school board disability coordinator or you can get a local education law attorney and seek to take the school and the teacher to court over these violations.