I have Frontpoint Security home monitoring system. They

Customer Question
I have Frontpoint Security for...
I have Frontpoint Security for my home monitoring system.
They have a phone app that you use to arm or disarm the system.
Couple nights ago, they have an outage in their system. So they are not receiving any alarm signal when I armed the system and purposely opened the door. And instead when we didn't do anything to the door, we received phone calls (3 times) saying that they're receiving signal.
I had the technician called me, she said as of now they are not receiving signals from my house.
I ended up not sleeping that night because there had been lots of burglary in my area and I have child with autism and kids with autism has tendency to wander around.
I spoke with the supervisor and they only offer me credit for this month fee which is $42.99
Do I have a good case if I sue them?
Can I sue them
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/29/2015
Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
The answer that I am going to provide will likely not be favorable so I ask that you do not blame the messenger.
Unless you were actually burgled and lost property due to their faulty system, you are not entitled to anything beyond a refund. Since all you invested was the $42.99, that is all they are required to refund you. Because no other actual injury was obtained (you lost no property and suffered no actual harm), you cannot sue beyond the amount you paid out. So no, you do not have a case here at all, I am afraid, at least beyond your initial investment.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.