How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a minor when my mother became my trustee to the property

Customer Question

I was a minor when my mother became my trustee to the property I bought. A trust was open with the Chicago & Trust Company of Chicago. My mother had me call for the deed so she had hold on to it. I saw the paper which had her name and the word TRUSTEE and my name. My mother refused to have a lawyer file it with the county. She would promise to put the house in my name. I have lived in the house for over 40 years. I pay the gas bill for the building. The rental income takes care of all expenses. My mom passed and my siblings say I have no evidence to prove the house belongs to me. I found out Chicago Title & Trust opened the trust but failed to put my name. A lawyer I consulted told me there is nothing I can do. I know there was a bank account for the insurance money I received from the account I bought the house.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry to her you are in this situation, but we are forbidden from representing anyone from this site. You have to consider getting a local private investigator and have them track down the documents you need to prove your claims, since they are much cheaper than an attorney. Once you get that information, then you can hire an attorney, but without that evidence, as the attorney told you already, there is nothing you can do in court.

Related Legal Questions