I filed a motion as the defendant of the court to

Customer Question
I filed a motion as...
I filed a motion as the defendant for leave of the court to file a cross complaint. The motion also requested the case to be reclassified from limited jurisdiction to unlimited jurisdiction. The motions were granted on 5/26 and transferred from the Chatsworth court to the Superior court downtown. Will the court notify me of a new case number, filing fees and courtroom the case was assigned to?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/28/2015
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
The clerk of courts or the court coordinator is supposed to notify you but I wouldn't count on that. Once a week contact the clerk of court and check to see where the status of everything and if they tell you over the telephone but you don't receive a notice in writing then send them a letter by certified mail, return receipt requested confirming what they told you and ask that it be included in the file. If they tell you there are additional filing fees enclose those in the form of a cashier's check or money order and note that in the letter as well.