How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A yer, hile my landlord, gave ajey to a thief who robbed me.

Customer Question

A yer, hile my landlord, gave ajey to a thief who robbed me. Room does not allow me to report all tortious and felonious acts. When I learned of his collusion, ruling was dis/with prejudice. It was reversed last year and reversed again this month. He made me severely disabled and cannot stop break-ins and thefts. What can I do? On a fixed income I am pro se, 60 yrs old and live alone. Nearly all property gone. He must stand trial - 7/23/15 will be 15 yrs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You said the ruling was dismissed with prejudice? You sued the landlord already? Then you said it was reversed, was that on appeals taken to the appeals courts?
What is your question for us about this?
What stage and court is the matter in now? Has it gotten to the IL Supreme Court yet?