How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** my name is ***** ***** sex offenders

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** my name is ***** ***** sex offenders list in Santa Rosa CA. I have been to the Philippines I think 12x now since 2005. I was able to get through the airport with no problems so I can visit my family in Tagaytay City Philippines. Our last visit to the Philippines last March 18, 2014 I was held by the immigration. My Filipina wife was told to go to immigration office in Intramuros so I can stay coz if not they will send me back home to the US that day. My question is how can I go back there with no problem and I hope there is a way to take out my name in the list. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Getting your name removed from the sex offenders list is not easily done - however, it is possible. This article: is probably one of the best on the subject as it gives an overview of the law as well as outlines the procedure involved in petitioning to have your name removed.Once you have reviewed it, it is probably best to contact a local attorney to help you with your petition (it is not necessary to hire an attorney, but you will dramatically increase your chances of success in getting your name removed if you have counsel to represent you in your hearing - usually criminal defense attorneys are best suited to represent you in these hearings as they are most familiar with this particular statutory scheme).You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Related Legal Questions