Can a va nurse accused of abuse have an outside lawyer represent…

Customer Question
can a va nurse accused...
can a va nurse accused of abuse have an outside lawyer represent them, especially if there is a long history of animosity between himself and the va due to veteran status
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/27/2015
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if the nurse is a union member and the union is refusing to provide union counsel, then the nurse can engage outside counsel to represent them. The reason for this is as a union employee, the union is the sole bargaining agent between the management and labor, so that means you need the union's permission or at least their refusal to provide you counsel to engage your own outside attorney for representation.