How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How is Delaware County of Ohio getting away with stomping all

Customer Question

How is Delaware County of Ohio getting away with stomping all over my brain injuried newphew ? In 2002 , my newphew had a car accident with his mother , she passed away that night . My brother, his father and his other close family members have been taking care of him for the pass 13 years . The mother's side of the family has not and did not have nothing to do with him, except for his grandmother. After he gradulated high school Delaware County MRDD came in and accused my brother of abuse (mentally, emotionally, and physically) but they did an investigation but came up without any proof. When the court hearing happened the judge would not hear any of us out and would not let us testify , in the mean time they took guardianship away from my brother and all of his rights. They took my newphew out of the house , they are slowly trying to take away his rights as a father. We can not find a lawyer to help us , please help us!!!!!!! sincerely ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling complex legal matters such as the one you guys are unfortunately having to deal with at the moment.
This is a tough issue and for that reason, it is going to be difficult to find an attorney to represent your brother in this matter without expending a lot of money. The media is unwilling to touch it because they are probably scared of picking "the wrong side" of the issue to address.
With that being the case, there may be an option for you that can address the issues and even provide legal counsel to you guys. This entity will not shy away from local politics or local dynamics.
If you have not tried, you need to contact your nearest American Civil Liberty Union (ACLU) office and ask for assistance relative to this injustice that is being perpetrated to the detriment of your nephew and brother. If they take up your cause, they will handle the media and the courts and will provide legal assistance free. They have great attorneys and have powerful political connections as well.
That is likely your best option under the circumstances.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Please rate my response positively as well.
Best wishes going forward!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward.