How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33547
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold a cat online to someone and I accidentally shipped the

Customer Question

I sold a cat online to someone and I accidentally shipped the wrong cat. I have offered him his money back plus shipping but he wants to keep the cat, plus send him the right cat, plus damages of future kittens the cat could have had. The mistake was found out before the cat had kittens or anything so I just want my cat back and to undo the contract on the wrong cat.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.
You would need to file a replevin action in the county where your cat is being held.
A replevin is where you ask the court to return your personal property being held by someone who refuses to return it.
The forms are available from the clerk of the court.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.