I'm looking on how to handle an insurance claim

Customer Question
I'm looking for information on...
I'm looking for information on how to handle an insurance claim made by my husband's ex girlfriend using his information and signing his name to a check without his knowledge or consent...we are working with the insurance company but they seem to keep giving us different people to talk to with no real plan of action to correct this issue
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/26/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.So the ex girlfriend forged your husband's signature on a claim and/or a check issued to him? What state did that happen in? What information can I provide for you?
yes from what we have gathered the insurance company advised us that to claim was filed in 2012 they provided us the name of the person who filed the claim which came to be my husband's ex girlfriend my husband moved out of their home in 2010 we got married in 2011 and the claims were filed in 2012 my husband and myself we're leaving at a different property and his address was no longer at that oldamage property, this occurred in the state of new mexico we have verification that he did not reside at that property and the insurance company gave us a copy of the check that we wish you to my husband and showed a signature that was not his
HelloThank youForgery is a crime. And I suggest that he can file a police report on the forgery and subsequently what appears to be theft of funds. I suggest he can file the police report and also talk to the District Attorney about filing a statement of charges for the crimes. She would then be served with a summons to appear in criminal court. While the insurance company holds an interest in trying to recoup the money, your husband is the "victim" here and he needs to have the charges brought.