I left my truck at amtrax station when I return my truck was…

Customer Question
I left my truck at...
I left my truck at amtrax station when I return my truck was towed and my aunt and I had to sit in rain for two hour for the cities to decide they made a mistake it was left in handicap parking with my handicap snicker in dash they brought my truck back after we had sat in rain for two hours my aunt is 76 year of age I just didn't think it's right that they are able to do this and can be done when the towing company brought my truck back he said they askt him to bring it back to me because they made a mistake and they told him I didn't have to pay at first the towing company said it would be two hundred and ten dollars do I have a case against the city or amtrax
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/26/2015
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 3 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
If the tow was in error, you should be entitled to a refund of the fee.Whoever is responsible for the lot (the City or Amtrak (usually it is one or the other)) will be the proper party. You can usually get your money back by filing an administrative claim with this party citing the information above.(This shouldn't be a terribly complex matter, as you are in the right, the vehicle was returned, but expect a refund to take between 60-90 days for review, etc.).