I have a a restitution amount of $1,437,542.00 to pay in a…

Customer Question
i have a a restitution...
i have a a restitution amount of $1,437,542.00 to pay in a criminal case. I was sued by plaintiff, along with other co defendants in a civil suit. The defendant was awarded $1,200,000.oo and paid. Can I go to court and have this deducted from my criminal restitution?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
5/26/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
1) Were any other defendants also criminally charged, and if so, were they also ordered restitution?
2) Was the civil judgment paid by you? Or, only partially by you, and if so, how much?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
The payment was paid by Mass Mutual Ins It was a global settlement and releases all parties from any claims or further claims pertaining to this matter.
I included the letter I received
My apologies, but this does not answer my questions:
Tina, Lawyer