I bought a commercial condo to opperate as a pharmacy for15…

Customer Question
I bought a commercial...
I bought a commercial condo to opperate as a pharmacy for15 years . now I close the pharmacy, and trying to start the restaurant .
there are no restrictions in the condo decoration
Can the condo association stop me to open the restaurant ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/24/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.
Do the bylaws of the condo assn require the consent of the board to change the use of the condo unit?
yes
Then they can stop you by not consenting to the change in use.
All they need is a reasonable justification, such as a change in parking requirements to deny the consent (restaurants are parking space intensive).
Are you still online with me? Have I answered your question?