Life insurance states one person name. The will is under another…

Customer Question
Life insurance states one person...
Life insurance states one person name. The will is under another name. Does person under life insurance needs to give the
proceeds person under the will.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/24/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide excellent service.

Life insurance benefits are not distributed under the will unless the benefits are paid to the estate because that is the designated beneficiary or the designated beneficiary predeceased the insured.

Therefore, the person named as beneficiary of the policy is the legal recipient of the benefits. The benefits are paid outside of probate by the insurance company to the beneficiary.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.

Loren, Attorney