My son had charges dismissed without prejudice in 2012. We…

Customer Question
My son had charges dismissed...
My son had charges dismissed without prejudice in 2012. We just found out today (due to legal advertisement mailed to him) that they have refiled the charges. He did not receive a summons - but found on the government website that a subpoena was issued yesterday which he has not received yet. How do do I find out what the statute of limitations are for B and C Felony charges (battery) is.Thank you,
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Legal
5/24/2015
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
In Indiana the statute of limitations for a B, C or D felony would be 5 years from the incident, which means that the state can recover charges. The relevant statute is Section 35-41-4-2(1):
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/incode/35/41/4/35-41-4-2