My car was stolen last fri night and found today. One hour…

Customer Question
My car was stolen last...
My car was stolen last fri night and found today. One hour passed and the car was towed to a yard. they want 295.00 for me to retreive my car. this does not seem fair. do I have any recourse or rights?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
5/23/2015
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Do you have insurance coverage for theft? If so, your insurance company should pay the fee. If not, it is lawful and proper that a fee be charged for towing and storage. You could take the person who took the car to small claims court and sue him for the impound fee, or get it as restitution if he is found and prosecuted.
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney