How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to getmy personal belonging from my shop. i am on

Customer Question

i am going to getmy personal belonging from my shop. i am on the lease and license. my partner wont't let me have it. if i just take it and he hurt me. am i going to get into trouble?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
As you are a tenant on the lease you have a right to access the property.You can use any lawful and peaceful means to get your personal property (don't break any locks or damage the property to gain entry), contact the landlord if you require assistance.If you are in fear of imminent harm from anyone, contact the police.